The Gospel Message: Salvation according to the Scriptures
- We have all sinned (Romans 3:23; Romans 5:12-21).
- The penalty for sin is spiritual and physical death, resulting in eternal separation from God (Romans 5:12-21; 6:23).
- Christ died for our sins (Romans 5:8; 1 Corinthians 15:3; 1 Peter 3:18).
- Christ was raised as proof that all who believe are justified before God (Romans 4:25; Galatians 1:1; Ephesians 1:20).
- Salvation is by Grace – God’s attitude whereby He gives you a benefit without consideration of merit. Therefore, salvation cannot be earned. It is only gained by faith (taking God at His Word, Hebrews 11:1). (Ephesians 2:8-9).
- What is required for Salvation?
- The Bible teaches that we believe that Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose again on the third day according to the Scriptures to be saved (1 Corinthians 15:3, 4).
- God provides you with the faith to believe (Philippians 1:29; 1 Corinthians 3:5), so it is in no way a work by you – Salvation is by Grace.
- Direct this faith at Christ by believing that He died for your sins, was buried, and rose again on the third day according to the Scriptures and you will be saved.
What is Next? – The Christian Life
- Be immersed (baptized) into water for a testimony of your association with Christ’s death and resurrection (Matthew 28:19; Titus 3:5 – Water baptism is not for salvation).
- Participate regularly in Christian fellowship (Hebrews 10:24, 25).
- Grow in grace and the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (2 Peter 3:18).