The Battle is for the Mind, it is not a Physical Battle
… because we do not wrestle against blood and flesh, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the world powers of darkness of this age, against spiritual malignant evil in the heavens, Ephesians 6:12
- Independence from God, 1 Corinthians 10:31
- Disappointment, Job 3:1-13
- Discouragement, Job 19:1-19
- Bitterness, Job 7:11; 10:1
- Doubt, Romans 14:23
- Spiritual Cowardice, John 18:17,25,27
- Lying, Acts 5:1-4
- Pride, 1 Timothy 6:4
- An Unforgiving spirit, 2 Corinthians 2:10,11
- Stealing, Ephesians 4:27-30
- Corrupt Communication, Ephesians 4:27-30
- Spiritual laziness, 1 Timothy 5:11-15
- Gossip, 1 Timothy 5:11-15
- Busybody, 1 Timothy 5:11-15.
Our Defense – The Armor from God
The whole armor from God needs to be put on only when under attack, Ephesians 6:13.
- Protect the sensitive parts of your mind with the truth, Ephesians 6:14; 1 Peter 1:13.
- Breastplate of righteousness, Ephesians 6:14; Philippians 3:9; 2 Corinthians 5:21.
- Feet made ready with the Gospel of Peace, Ephesians 6:15; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.
- The shield of faith – taking God at His Word, Ephesians 6:16; Hebrews 11:1.
- The helmet of salvation, Ephesians 6:17; Ephesians 2:8.
- The sword belonging to the Spirit, Ephesians 6:17; 2 Peter 3:2.
Putting on the Armor from God is a mental process by which we take elements from our position in Christ and our salvation and use them in defense against a mindset that is manipulated by Satan or his demons. Satan casts thoughts at the Christian in an attempt for that saint to accept Satan’s desires as his or her own. In addition, Satan can manipulate circumstance to allow for a better mental condition in which the saint is more likely to accept one of his desires as his or her own and eventually perform the act if the way of escape is not taken.
Neither Satan nor his demons can touch a Christian, so demon possession is not possible, 1 John 5:18.
God will never put on you more than you can handle. He always provides a way in which we can bear up under any solicitation to do something that lacks in character, 1 Corinthians 10:13.
We are to be strong in the might of the Lord, not our own strength, Ephesians 6:10 (Who we are in Christ).
Resist (stand against) the Devil and he will flee from you, James 4:7. Use the faith (doctrine by which we have victory over Satan; the armor from God) to stand against Satan, 1 Peter 5:8, 9.