Evening School of the Bible
Dispensations and Ages
A Dispensation is a period in time in which God gives His expectations for the conduct of life through a steward for those in the household.
- The household is made up of people God is specifically dealing with – whether all of mankind or only a specific group.
- There is only one steward for each dispensation.
- Scripture shows only one person per dispensation being given the expectations for those in the household
- Even after the death of the Steward no other steward is put in his place
- Most stewards did not die
- When a steward died before the end of the Dispensation the instructions are passed down to those in the household through written word.
- When the steward is changed the expectations for the manner of life of the household changed
- Dispensations are for men and through them God shows something to mankind about mankind.